7 Weeks Post Op
Here I am. ACL Reconstruction 7 weeks later. It’s hard to believe that next week will be 2 months post op. There are days where it feels like my surgery was forever ago and other days that feel like I was just in the operating room. My knee is feeling pretty good these days. I am going down to PT 2x per week starting next week because I am looking stronger each day. My balance is improving and I am capable of doing more things. I still cannot run, jump or use the stairmaster but HEY, who likes the stairmaster anyways?
I do miss running though. I am only 5 weeks away from starting to run again. These next few weeks are busy for me, so hopefully time just flies by and i’ll be at 12 weeks post op in no time.
- Hamstring curls on the workout ball, 30 reps
- Wall Sits, 3 reps of 30 second holds
- Single Leg Sit to Stand, 30 reps each leg
- Weighted Roman Dead Lift (RDLs): 30 reps each leg
- Squats: Wall squats, squats on the flat side of a bosu, squats to a chair: 30 reps
- Side Steps: 3 laps down and back
- Leg Extensions: 30 reps
- Elliptical: 5 minutes to warm up for PT, 30 minutes at the gym
- Stationary Bike: 45 minutes on days with no PT
- Balancing Exercises: Single Leg balance on bosu:3 reps of 30 second holds, each leg
- TKEs with resistance band, balancing on one leg: 30 reps
- Step Ups: 14″ block, 30 reps each side
- Single Leg Bridges: 30 reps, each leg
- Downdog– LOTS of DD
PT hasn’t changed much aside from taking away balance aids, adding weight or minor increases to intensity. My leg is feeling stronger, and my muscles are slowly returning. You can still tell that my right leg is smaller and weaker but it has come a long way the past 7 weeks. I even was able to take a spin class at my gym last weekend. I was sore after but I kept up and was proud of my progress. I see my doctor tomorrow morning and I am looking forward to seeing what he thinks of my progress and what I will be cleared to start doing again. I am hopefully going to take a PAWs benefit spin class at Studio Three this Saturday afternoon, so I really hope he clears me to use clip in shoes (which are required by this studio).
As I have said several times throughout this series of recovery posts, this injury has helped me to listen to my body and slow down in general. I still love to plan and have things to do, but I can also take an afternoon for myself and just chill.